Old April 16th 07, 06:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann Brenda Ann is offline

Default Horrible, Horrible HF reception

"labtech_one" wrote in message
Try 3.215 mhz ( WWCR )

"WWCR has four 100 Kw state-of-the-art transmitters which serve the world
on
10 different broadcasting channels.
Together our transmitters provide over 400 religious and talk programs
direct from Nashville, Tennessee, USA, to a global audience."

You 'should' be able to pick up this station on almost anything, if not,
you
may be in a 'dead spot'
We've all noticed certain area's while in a car ( listening to a radio)
where reception seems to fade
to almost nothing, and a few blocks away its back to normal

Also you might want to re-check your antenna, make sure its not broken or
touching a ground
I have an R3 and using a telescopic 'whip', can pick up stronger SW
signals
even inside.

The R2 and the Yaesu version suffer greatly from overload and desense when
used with a longwire. Like you, I've had pretty good luck with a collapsible
whip (I used a 19" 2m quarter wave whip on mine with pretty good results.)