Old April 16th 07, 05:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Tommy Tootles Tommy Tootles is offline

Default (OT) Pet Food Recall,it isn't over yet.

Roadie wrote:

Do you have a link - I could not find that story.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/new...ar_fields.html

or try this to get you started:

http://archives.seattletimes.nwsourc...&date=19970704

Funny, but I didn't think your MacFries were supposed to be laced
with cadmium...

Do you have a link showning a high level of cadmium from industrial
wastes that is showing up in MacFries or french fries in general?

Yes, the "link" is in the book "Fateful Harvest" by Duff
Wilson. I just picked fries and cadmium a a "cutesy" (but true) example.
Obviously, it was used as fertilizer on potato crops and potatoes
obviously appear in many places in addition to MacFries. There are many
other nasty chemicals in many other crops besides potatoes. I read this
book a couple of years ago, and IIRC, the Seattle Times paid for
a variety of chemical tests on a variety of items and soils and that is
where they found the cadmium.

Read the book "Fateful Harvest" by Duff Wilson or at least do a web
search for "industrial wastes used as fertilizer" and then we can
have an intelligent discussion.

If you are truly interested, I would again urge you to read the book or
at least do a Yahoo search on "industrial waste used as fertilizer".
That is where my quotes in my original post came from. The book is
available used from Amazon.com for as little as $5.76 or hopefully your
public library can get it for you at no cost.

For those of you that think this might be a "tin foil hat" issue, I wish
you were right. Unfortunately and sadly, it is chillingly true.

So to specifically answer your original questions, Yes, think we need
somebody to pay attention to our food supply, and no, I'm not kidding.