Old April 16th 07, 09:33 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Brian Reay Brian Reay is offline

Default Putting the Ham back into Ham Radio?

"Richard G3CWI" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 16 Apr, 21:09, "Brian Reay" wrote:

So get rolling Gareth, let us see some of your ideas on the web or in
Sprat,

The seminal book "Solid State Design for the Radio Amateur" (1977) by
Haywood et al had pages of circuit snippets. I also think that PW do
boards for different radio modules. I suppose one might envisage a
sort of mother-board into which modules might be inserted to allow
different designs to be built up? I am not convinced that the idea
will go far though. It is quite easy to breadboard almost anything on
double sided pcb quickly and easily.

True but one advantage of the "biscuit" idea is that you can build and test
them one at a time- ideal for beginners who may be put off by a complex "one
lump" project that they lack the experience to fault find etc.

Really, I think Gareth should run with this idea.

--
73
Brian, G8OSN

Now your amateur licence is free, why not send at least £15 per year to
support the
Radio Communications Foundation or STELAR?