Old April 16th 07, 11:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] hot-ham-and-cheese@hotmail.com is offline

Default On apostrophes

On Apr 16, 8:39 am, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
On Apr 15, 12:59 pm, Dave Heil wrote:
"John Smith" insists that his version of using the apostrophe is
correct. Those pointing out his mistaken ideas are called morons and
imbeciles. Three seconds of Google search brings enlightenment.

For the apostrophe-challenged from:

I'm reminded of Hans' story of the new ham being corrected by someone
who supposedly knows better, wearing the artificial cloak of well-
meaningness.

That's fine, hot-ham-and-cheese. Was it the numerous examples of the
proper use of apostrophes--almost all wrong--provided by "John", which
reminded you?

Come to think of it, it was your thread hi-jacking which drew my
attention. I probably wouldn't have noticed it otherwise. There's
only so much of your nonsense that I'm going to read, so this one
squabble of the many squabbles that you've gotten yourself into would
likely have been missed.

You remain the smuggest of hams.

You might have forgotten the fellow who suggests that someone who uses
an apostrophe correctly is an imbecile or moron. Now *that's* smug.

Dave K8MN

Or I might have forgotten the fellow who says that people who misspell
words are incapable of leadership. Smug? Youbetcha.