Old April 17th 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] peace@capebyron.com is offline

Default 5A7A -- the Untold Story

A chimera, the US has maintained banned lists, so has every other
country on earth at one time or another. The Israeli hams know this,
otherwise they wouldn't have violated their countries own regulations
and used phoney callsigns. I travel to Cuba for vacations on the
beach, every time I go I have to perform a passport switch in Mexico,
using my American passport to leave the US and my Aussie one to enter
Cuba. It's all part of life.

On Apr 15, 1:22 pm, "policy-ham" wrote:
I just read this on the WVDXA Bulletin Board and it made me ill. What
do you think? Maybe it is time for the ARRL to rethink its DXCC policy
regarding credit for operations with restrictions like this. Even
better yet, radio manufacturers stop supplying free rigs to DX
operations that refuse to contact stations based on politics. If we
cut off the funds and the glory, maybe this kind of discrimination
will finally end.

Louis

[WVDXA] 5A7A -- the Untold Story
w8hc at aol.com w8hc at aol.com