Old April 18th 07, 06:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Dick Dick is offline

Default Anyone still use packet radio?

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 22:00:53 -0700, Joey joey29034atyawwhodotcom
wrote:

So yeah, I still see ham radio as the last resort. But honestly, I
don't expect to use it much during a disaster. I will be doing my
job/volunteer work. But I still keep everything charged and tested
just in case!!!

Joey

Something to keep in mind is that, if the President declares a
national emergency, no one will be able to use ham radio for anything
unless they are a member of RACES. So the decision will be made for
you unless you are a member of that organization.

Dick