Old April 18th 07, 02:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default multiband vertical

John, N9JG wrote:
My antenna is similar to yours, but slightly longer. I have a 110 feet
dipole running between my chimney and a tree at the back of the lot. The
dipole is at a height of 30 feet and is fed with open-wire. I use an antenna
tuner and the antenna works fairly well on all bands 80 through 10 meters.

Your dipole is 8 feet longer than the G5RV length which
is a positive for 80m operation. For your favorite bands,
there is probably an optimum length of feedline. EZNEC
allows one to model different lengths of feedline. I
wrote a compiled BASIC DOS program that will estimate
the optimum lengths of feedline at:

http://www.w5dxp.com/imax.exe
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com