Old April 19th 07, 08:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default Homebrew 11 tube CB receiver info wanted

Lawrence Statton wrote:
(Scott Dorsey) writes:
I thought building a kit CB transceiver was illegal due to the type
acceptance issue?
--scott

There was a period, long, long ago, when CB was young, and I was not
yet but a leering glance, that building CB gear was okay.

It stopped being okay before the explosion of the mid-70s.

There were a number of kits as I remember. Heath had several, as did
Allied (Knight Kits). These could be at least as sophisticated as the
mid-range factory units of the day.

jak