Old April 19th 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] info@jinenkanseigi.com is offline

Default Flexible/Durable FM Antenna for Jeep?

I have destroyed several stock antennae on my Jeep during trail rides
when they get snagged by brush and easily bent. I went to a short
(maybe 1' long)flexible type, but my reception absolutely sucks now.
Can anyone suggest a car-type antenna that will have good reception,
but can take a hit? I'd prefer to use it in the original place as I
already have a hole in the body, but one of the amplified -inside-the-
winshield type might be an option if it is worth anything.