Old April 20th 07, 08:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Independence of waves

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 05:38:37 GMT, Owen Duffy wrote:

"I maintain that there is
actually zero field at a point of superposition of multiple waves which
sum to zero, and that no device or detector can be devised which, looking
only at that point, can tell that the zero field is a result of multiple
waves."

Hi Owen,

This seems to be in distinct contrast to what appeared to be your goal
earlier - insofar as the separation of sources (you and others call
them waves). I am trying to tease out just what it was that impelled
you upon this thread.

And we haven't mentioned power, not once!

Not specifically so, but inferentially, certainly. We see the term
detector employed above, and it cannot escape the obvious implication
of power to render an indication. Perhaps the relief expressed by
your sentiment is in not having to have had added or subtracted power
(or any other expressions of power).

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC