Old May 27th 04, 06:00 PM
Keyboard In The Noise

Forgot to add -- repairing blown finals is VERY expensive unless you can do
it yourself but that can be messy (;-(

--
Keyboard In The Noise

Opinions are the cheapest commodities in the world. Author unknown but
"right on"
"Keyboard In The Noise" wrote in message
The IC-718 is rated at 100 Watts -- see URL:
http://www.qsl.net/sm7vhs/radio/icom/ic718/specs.htm

I would be very careful of adjusting it above the manufacurers specs. (;-(

I have known folks who did this on other rigs and eventually blew out the
finals (:-(

Being there is 6dB per S-unit -- increasing power from 100 to 150 Watts
(less than 2 dB) will not be noticeable on the receiving end.

Your frazzled finals may vary (:-)

--
Keyboard In The Noise

Opinions are the cheapest commodities in the world. Author unknown but
"right on"
"Tallion" http://www.cerbermail.com/?Ks1LNtfOyM wrote in message
Hi All !

I have a ICOM IC 718 #08 and i obtain only 100 watts max when i adjust

R1707
(80 watts on 20 M)while some obtain 200 watts, why ?
and how i do for to obtain about 150 watts ?

Thanks !
John FBCZ
)