Old April 20th 07, 01:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Ferrell John Ferrell is offline

Default Multi-band dipole question

On 19 Apr 2007 12:17:00 -0700, wrote:

Hello,

Just joined the group and I have a question about constructing a multi-
band dipole.

I plan to construct a 80/40/20/15 band multi-element dipole using
separate dipole wires for each band,
but a single feedpoint. My question is: how important is the spacing
BETWEEN the
individual band wires. I understand that they can't/shouldn't touch,
but is there any distance
that is optimal? or is just keeping them from touching enough?

Thanks,

Mike
KD7VRG

There is a picture in most ARRL antenna books that shows a fan dipole
made from twin lead that just don't work!

Other than that, my experience with fans has been good. They are easy
to adapt to any environment. The same tactics adapt to a vertical
quarter wave as well.

John Ferrell W8CCW
"Life is easier if you learn to
plow around the stumps"