Old May 28th 04, 12:46 AM

In article ,
"Tom" wrote:

Looking for comments to see which is the better radio??? The original 746 or
the TS-2000??? Anyone have experience with both of these radios??? I
know the TS-2000 has UHF and the Icom 746 doesnt - other than UHF - how does
the quality of these radios compare?????? Which has the more desireable
receiver??? or is one better than the other on VHF 2 meter SSB??? or FM???

Thanks

Tom

I've never used or owned a 746, but I do have a TS2000 which is a good
radio for doing everything. If you're on a limited budget and want to
do HF, VHF, UHF including 1.2 Ghz (optional), AM, FM, SSB, CW, Sat,
RTTY, Packet, ect ect the TS2000 is your radio and all for about $1500
+/-.

Yes it's a hell of a rig considering all it can do.

Dale, K9VUJ