Old April 21st 07, 07:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
K7ITM K7ITM is offline

Default Independence of waves

On Apr 20, 10:10 pm, Roy Lewallen wrote:
Correction:

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Superposition means the following: If f(x) is the result of excitation x
and f(y) is the result of excitation y, then the result of excitation (x
+ y) is f(x + y). . .

That should read:

Superposition means the following: If f(x) is the result of excitation x
and f(y) is the result of excitation y, then the result of excitation
(x + y) is f(x) + f(y). . .
^^^^^^^^^^^
I apologize for the error. Thanks very much to David Ryeburn for
spotting it.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

I guess that's the definition of linearity. I'm not sure I've heard
it called superposition before, but rather that the superposition
theorem is a direct result of the linearity of a system. I trust
that's a small definitional issue that doesn't really change what
you're saying.

Cheers,
Tom