Old April 21st 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Independence of waves

Dave wrote:
i should expand a bit more. all your equations above have done is shown
that at the point where you are doing your analysis s11(a1) and s12(a2),
which add up to 0... also produce a net 0 power at that point. this is as
expected for destructive interference AT THAT POINT. as such your s
parameter analysis is insufficient to separate the individual components
after you combine them into a power. however, at the begining they are
obviously separate waves since you have represented them with separate input
values, and given a linear transfer function for your point on the wire, or
in space, they can always be kept separate. it is only your act of
calculating the power at that point that combines them.

True, but we also know that the power is zero at every point
between the Z0-match and the source. That gives us an
infinite number of points with which to work and we still
cannot reverse superpose the two original superposed waves.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com