Old April 24th 07, 04:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wayne Wayne is offline

Default Lurker with S-parameter question

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Wayne wrote:
I'm curious about how to use the s-parameters for components to calculate
the "system" s-parameters. The original question is about a single
antenna fed by a transmission line, but I will probably try to analyze
more complicated hookups later.

If I correctly understand what you say, you have the trivial
one-port case of the antenna and the two-port case for the
transmission line. HP's Ap Note 95-1 might be the place to
start in understanding a basic analysis.

http://www.tm.agilent.com/data/stati...-1/an-95-1.pdf
--

Yes, the measurements are one-port for the antenna and 2 ports for the line.
My question was asked after looking at the referenced website, and trying to

So, to avoid having to return to previous messages:
Can the S11 of a line connected to an antenna be calculated as:
S11(system)=S11(antenna) * S21(line) * S12(line) ?

Thanks
Wayne