Old April 24th 07, 08:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jimmie D Jimmie D is offline

Default Gauss again

"art" wrote in message
ups.com...
Why was a conservative field drawn of a Gaussian field?
What was the purpose of it and who concocted it?
The actual author went to great lengths to add time of the shortest
length purely to forcast vectors that would occur in a moment of time,
but for why? What was it meant to illustrate?
Art

Most likely due to lack of a defintion of "Gaussian Field". The only
accepted defintion has to do with statistical analysis and not antennas.
If I remember correctly Gaussian Field had to do with Gauss's study of the
distribution of matter in the universe. If this is not what you are talking
about I suggest you find another name for it as it is difficult to think of
your meaning of it while excluding the normall accepted meaning. Perhaps it
should be called the Unwin field, Im sure Gauss wouldnt mind. and credit
should be given for such work where credit is due. Kraus, the author of,
Antennas, had a very fine style of writing where he included mathematic
formulae along with a verbal disrciption, each adding support to the other.
This form would probably be more than acceptable for any form of peer
review.

Jimmie