Old April 25th 07, 05:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jimmie D Jimmie D is offline

Default Turning fiberglass

I want to make some fiberglass antenna parts that would probably most easily
be make by turning fiberglass rod in my lathe. Ive never done this before
and was wonder how rough fiberglass would be on the tools/lathe. I have a
piece of 1- 1/4 inch fiberglass rod I want to turn down to fit the inside
diameter of a piece of 1-1/4 inch tubing. Im thinking get a piece of square
stock and make a diposable cutting tool for this.

Jimmie