Old April 25th 07, 06:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Owen Duffy Owen Duffy is offline

Default Turning fiberglass

"Jimmie D" wrote in
:

I want to make some fiberglass antenna parts that would probably most
easily be make by turning fiberglass rod in my lathe. Ive never done
this before and was wonder how rough fiberglass would be on the
tools/lathe. I have a piece of 1- 1/4 inch fiberglass rod I want to
turn down to fit the inside diameter of a piece of 1-1/4 inch tubing.
Im thinking get a piece of square stock and make a diposable cutting
tool for this.

The only tools that I have used to cut GRP have been carbide tools.

You need to consider the dust hazard.

Owen