Old April 26th 07, 09:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Cato Cato is offline

Default Lies and Distortion in Al Gore's Inconvenient Truth

David wrote:
You seem impulsive.

I've always been fiercely independent and refuse to have others
define
things for me. Have been neither leftist nor fascist. Am a militant
centrist with left libertarian anarchist tendencies.

Cato responds: No. At least not according to the definition of
the word. In all my years, I have only made two big changes in my
political belief. And both were made after much study, and careful
thought. My decisions were not made quickly, or without regard for
careful reflection on philisophy, religion, and political solutions
that I feel are best.
I can't be an anarchist, Because the total absence of government
can only last as long as it takes the stongest person to take control.
For whatever years are left to me in this world, I will be
against any form of totalitarianism, any form of tyranny, any form of
dictatorship, be it so-called far left or far right. Communism,
Fascism, Religious extremist theocracy, etc. etc., or anything
remotely resembling them.
We have to understand that people are impefect. So anything we
create, has at least the potential to be imperfect, and probably is.
This includes the worlds greatest governments.
Great documents that helped slowly build freedom, like the Magna
Carta, the English Bill of Rights of 1669, the Ordinance for Virginia
1621, Lord Durham's Report of 1839 (Responsible Government), and many
others, with the Declaration of Independance, the Constitution, and
the Bill of Rights of the United States at the top today, sadly the
very freedoms that these documents try to protect, have within them,
the seeds of their own very gradual destruction. We only have to look
at what has happened in Britain, Canada, the U.S. and other countries.
How, over the years, our noble freedoms, purchased with blood, and
sweat and tears by our forefathers, have been, very slowly, slipping
away with time.
And the reason is, because we are not perfect, and governments and
politicians are made drunk with their own power. So they will
naturally do all they can to aquire and build more power, slowly
strangling the freedom and independance of the people. As governments
slowly take more and more power, and make more and more decision on
behalf of the people, the people themselves slowly lose power to the
government, and lose more and more of the ability to decide for
themselves how they should live their lives. And it ends up this
way..... Instead of government being the servant of the people, the
people end up being the servants of the government.

Cato