Old October 30th 03, 10:59 PM
Yuri Blanarovich

Incorrect. HEAT does not rise at all, however hot gas or hot liquid
will rise in response to gravity. This has nothing to do with a loading
coil made from solid parts.

--
Bill, W7TI

Incorrect, incorrect.
If we suppose the loading coil is heating up equally (the flat earth society
argument), it heats air immediately surrounding it. Air is heating up, rises up
as you say, as it rises it picks up the other air that is heating up and they
rise together. As they progress, they heat up rest of the coil on the way up,
with the result being that the top should be warmer (hotter) than the bottom.

If we have quarter wave whip with loading coil, and the bottom contrary to the
above mechanism is warmer, thet ergo ipso there must be more current flowing in
the bottom part of the coil, confirming what we say.

Yuri, K3BU/m