Old May 28th 04, 01:20 AM
Keyboard In The Noise

Some Mods are made by folks that don't know what they are doing.
Sadly they find their way onto the web.
Likewise with forums.
Most mod pages have a Caveat about this --- So mod-er beware

Example from a popular mod page

"Before you do anything, please read this.! The modifications are not
verified and tested by us, so if you try some of the articles on your own
equipment, it's on your own risk. Performing modifications of some equipment
may be a violation of local laws. If you have any doubts, do not perform the
modification."

--
Keyboard In The Noise

Opinions are the cheapest commodities in the world. Author unknown but
"right on"
"Tallion" http://www.cerbermail.com/?Ks1LNtfOyM wrote in message
Billybob wrote:
|| Whoever gave you the idea they are getting 200 watts out of an Icom
|| IC-718 is a complete and useless moron!
|| Obviously a lowlife CB'er that has had his screwdriver inside his own
|| wattmeter!
|| IT WONT PUT OUT 200 WATTS
|| DONT TRY!
|| I work for ICOM!

Ok Billybob, this mod (200 watts) come of www.mods.dk and many forums,
however i have enought output power with 80 watts (mesured with dummy load
and Bird), I would not like to break my PA, thanks for your advice and

your
experience.

John F5BCZ