Old April 28th 07, 01:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Keith Dysart Keith Dysart is offline

Default Rotational speed

On Apr 27, 7:36 pm, K7ITM wrote:
Grrrr. I'll try to
remember to check the couple of books I have that would talk about
phasors to see if I'm misrepresenting them, but I'm pretty sure they
are equally explicit in defining a phasor as a representation of ONLY
the phase and magnitude of the sinusoidal signal, and NOT as a vector
that rotates synchronously with the sinewave.

My recollection is of being introduced to phasors with the study of
electric machines which have real rotating magnetic fields. By
jumping onto the rotor and rotating with those magnetic fields,
solutions became trivial by allowing vector arithmetic on the now
stationary phasors.

....Keith