Old April 28th 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Rotational speed

Cecil Moore wrote:
Total current on a standing-wave antenna does NOT have
the same rotational speed as its components. It hardly
rotates at all up and down the entire 1/2WL dipole.

This is, of course, referenced to the feedpoint signal
at zero degrees. The phase of a traveling wave changes
45 degrees in 45 degrees of wire. The phase of the
standing wave changes no more than a couple of degrees
in 45 degrees of wire. Sorry for any confusion that
might have occurred because I neglected to explain my
reference phasor.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com