Old April 28th 07, 10:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Chuck Chuck is offline

Default Help picking ferrites for Choke Balun

Tehrasha Darkon wrote:
On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 06:04:41 -0700, Danny Richardson wrote:

I think you'll find some good informaton he

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

Danny, K6MHE

It is very good information, provided you are dealing with cores of a
known type. (#31 or #43) It would be nice if I had such material, and
in the end I may have to resort to purchasing some. *SHOCK*

But as it is, I am looking at some cores that appear to be #35 material,
and I cannot find any information as to how they react at freq. They
most likely are not 'ideal for my purpose, but I am trying to determine
if they can be used as 'close enough'. Either by adding more turns, or
stacking more cores. But again, without a data sheet, or having one in
hand to test manually this is rather difficult.

--Teh

What about characterizing what you have?

Here's a starting point:

http://k0bg.com/beads.html
Beads

Good luck.