Old April 29th 07, 10:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default CCRadio-SW = Redsun RP2100 with Twin Coil Ferrite Rod AM/MW Antenna Technology ?

On Apr 29, 12:35 am, HFguy wrote:
Brenda Ann wrote:
"lsmyer" wrote in message

If C.Crane is really the only US distributor for this radio, that means
that we radio lovers will have to pay C.Crane's price or go without.

I like free-market competition, especially when I'm wanting to buy a
radio.

Hopefully the RP3000/3100 will also be available as a Redsun through ebay.

I'll drink to that.

Most of Crane's stuff is overpriced. I think we can assume they will do
the same with the Redsun products. There will probably be gray market
sources for the Redsun radios on Ebay and other websites but they won't
come with a US warranty if Crane is the sole Redsun distributor in the US.

HF Guy,

The Twin Coil Ferrite Rod AM/MW Antenna is a
"Patented Technology" owned by Sangean and for
it to be put into a Redsun Radio for C. Crane Co. :
There has to be a Sangean Connection between
Redsun {China PRC} and Sangean {Taiwan ROC}.

The Price on the C. Crane Co. website for the
CCRadio-SW Radio is $150 plus Free S&H
http://www.ccrane.com/radios/shortwa...cradio-sw.aspx

While the Price on the Universal-Radio.Com website
for the Kaito KA2100 Radio is $130 plus S&H
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/2100.html
Kaito KA2100 Radio - Front Controls and Back Features
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal.../2100cont.html
Kaito KA2100 Specifications
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal.../2100spec.html
Note - Universal-Radio.Com
FLAT RATE SHIPPING
Based on the total order
$100.01 to $500.... $ 9.95
So the Universal-Radio.Com Price would be $140.

That adds up to a $10 Fee for the added feature
of the "Twin Coil Ferrite Rod AM/MW Antenna" :
Which IMHO Is Not A Bad Deal !

FWIW - Both C. Crane Co and Universal-Radio
are both very good business to deal with for :
Radios, Receivers, Antennas and Accessories.

sometimes you get what you pay for ~ RHF