Old April 30th 07, 03:04 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Frank Gilliland Frank Gilliland is offline

Default What happened to the SkyWave?

On 27 Apr 2007 12:10:56 -0700, Telspam Electronics
wrote in
. com:

On Apr 27, 2:05 pm, "Mike Hunt" wrote:
Skywave CB amplifier released October 2006
Skywave CB amplifier discontinued April 2007
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Mike, the previous model of the Skywave was sold sucessfully for many
years.

Yet nobody claims to have bought one, owned one, or even to have seen
one (other than the pics in the "literature" you have spammed in this
group over the past ten years).

It was only the latest 2879ABTC model with the temperature
compensated biasing that was offered in 2006... and then discontinued
in 2007. This was due to the increased cost of the new version.

Really? And here I thought it was due to:

1. Incomplete/inadequate market research;
2. Blatantly hacked design;
3. Fabricated specifications;
4. Proof of non-linearity (in your own literature!!!);
5. Lack of product testimonials (credible or not);
6. Nine square feet (and many other demonstrations of technical
incompetence in this group).

But hey, I could be wrong..... was it -really- about cost? Weren't
your customers willing to pay for the amp -before- you built it? (the
ungrateful *******s!!!) Or was it because your welfare check wasn't
large enough to cover the capital overhead? Or did mommy and daddy cut
off your allowance?

Get a job.