Old April 30th 07, 01:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Danny Richardson Danny Richardson is offline

Default Effectiveness of decoupling radials

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 03:53:06 GMT, Owen Duffy wrote:

I have been playing with some NEC-2 models of a multiband vertical with
radials.

The vertical is an unloaded vertical of 13m height, and it is mounted on
a 6m high grounded metal mast, and an ATU installed at the feedpoint
(base of the radiator). I have fitted a pair of opposed nominal quarter
wave radials for each of the 80, 40, 30 and 20m bands.

[snip]
Comments, thoughts?

Owen.

My first thoughts are while such a situation can be modeled, in the
real world I would doubt you can build a system as you describe where
the radials are balance. Just as one can not install a dipole in a
typical back yard (garden) that is truly balanced.

My two cents worth. G

Danny, K6MHE