Old April 30th 07, 07:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Frank Frank is offline

Default EZNEC Example of Short Vertical w/ Matching Coil

"Al Lorona" wrote in message
Hi, Everybody,

A short vertical such as for mobile use is capacitive and this Xc is
usually
tuned out with a shunt coil at the feedpoint. Yet, when I model this with
EZNEC I cannot simulate this effect properly. I must be doing something
wrong. Does anyone have an EZNEC example showing a shunt matching coil
inserted as an EZNEC Load at the feedpoint that they can send me?

Thanks very much.

Regards,

Al W6LX

In any case, whatever you do, it is unlikely that a single element will
achieve
a match. Unless you are very lucky you will need a two element network.
For example a shunt L, series C, or Series L, shunt L, or series L, shunt
C will achieve a match for virtually any capacitive load. A Smith Chart
is ideal for such analysis.

Frank