Old April 30th 07, 03:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Roadie Roadie is offline

Default Red Sun(Kaito) -vs- Sony

On Apr 29, 12:30 am, N9NEO wrote:
I was playing my sony ICF-SW7600GR in my bed room and had a nice
signal on 5070 and decided to take it into the kitchen while I was
preparing mid-rats. I decided to give the Kaito KA2100 on top of the
refer a workout and nothin doin - it was total noise. I turned the RF
gain all the way down and still noise.

If I understand the scenario correctly once upon a time you listened
to 5070 on the Sony while in the bedroom of a house somewhere. You
then went to the kitehcn and tried to get 5070 from a KA2100 radio
that was on top of the refrigerator. I don't see how you could
compare reception results because the locations are completely
different.

You then moved a small apartment that has even more electronic noise
sources. Have you tried the radios there?

I'm kinda confused here, so help me.

For whatever it is worth my 1103 radio has excellent reception in a
house full of potential noise makers including CFL bulbs in most light
sockets. But then my old 7600 did a creditable job in the same
electrically noisy environment.

Now I am temporary living in
an apartment with lots of noise sources around but I thought this fact
may be of interest to you all. It doesn't seem the Kaito and maybe
Red Sun and maybe C Crane have enough noise sheilding inside.

I would like to hear others' comments on this. If you have the means
to test out then please let group know.

This is not to say that one is better than the other in all ways, but
for apartment dwellers with large noise environment you may want to
consider the Sony over the Red Sun, or at least consider sticking in
some sheilding.

73
NEO