Old May 1st 07, 04:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Porgy Tirebiter Porgy Tirebiter is offline

Default Signal/One MILSPEC 1030 HF transceiver for sale

"Dick" wrote in message
On Tue, 01 May 2007 02:01:32 GMT, "Porgy Tirebiter"
wrote:

wrote in message
groups.com...
All,

Our Signal/One MILSPEC 1030 transceiver is now for sale on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230123960885 .

This is the 150 Watt version. I recently made several QSOs with it, on
all the bands that were open at the time, so we believe it to be
completely functional and know of no performance problems. It has
only minor scratches on the sides and top, and comes with the manual,
AC power cord, and 12 VDC power cord.

Sales notices are supposed to be upbeat, but it's difficult being
upbeat when you are selling such a wonderful rig!

73,

Ed Callaway, N4II
Motorola ARC, W4MOT

Oh Ed......my...my...my.....

Only $2000 for an OLD obsolete HF rig. Anyone can do better than that with
phone call to a dealer on a NEW rig.
Your ad says "No reserve" but it STARTS at $2000........uh-huh....That's
called a "Reserve" Bunkie.
You say it works perfectly, but NO GUARANTEE once it leaves your
hands.....yeah right....
"Such a wonderful rig"...oh please....give us SOME credit......were not
THAT
stupid.

Typical HAM radio operator....Wants to STEAL it when HE buys it..then
wants
"Top Dollar" for it when he sells it.....

Have you checked the current price of an OLD, obsolete 1956 Mercedes
Gull Wing these days? Just because it is old, doesn't mean it isn't
worth a great deal of money. Like a new ham radio, you can buy a
brand new 2007 Mercedes today for a lot less than the 1956 would
bring.

The "gullwings" were a classic....the Signal/Ones are not. Read the CURRENT
reviews...
They are a short run trouble prone pain in the ass. Support was poor when
they were in business...non-existent now.
Would you rather have a Heathkit SB-104 instead?