Old May 1st 07, 12:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Rotational speed

Roy Lewallen wrote:
but I guess it's up to the individual to decide whether he wants to
declare that time-varying part (exp(jwt)) to be part of the "phasor" or
something just attached to it.

Here's a quote from "Optics", by Hecht:
"Because both phasors rotate together at a rate w,
we can simply freeze them at t=0 and not worry
about their time dependence, which makes them a
lot easier to draw."

This is what EZNEC does - freeze the feedpoint
current at t=0 to 1 amp at zero degrees. The
current reported by EZNEC at loads is then
referenced to that feedpoint current phasor.

The fact remains that the phase of the total
current in a standing wave antenna, like a 1/2WL
dipole or a loaded mobile antenna, cannot be used
to measure the phase shift in a wire, much less
be used to measure the phase shift in a loading
coil.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com