Old May 1st 07, 02:33 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
John Mayson John Mayson is offline

Default Is State of Michigan 800 digital trunk system encrypted?

aemeijers wrote:
Subject says it all, almost. I'm getting conflicting info- some say no, some
say always has been, some say soon. I got an unexpectedly large tax refund,
and was considering blowing part of it on a 800 digital trunk scanner, next
time Rat Shack or one of the mail order places has a sale. But if they are
already encrypting, or soon plan to, I'll spend the 400-500 or so on some
other toy. (I already have several vanilla scanners.)

aem sends....

You might want to read this:
http://www.radioreference.com/module...ame=RR&sid=100

It's long, but skimming it shows that some agencies are in fact
encrypting to "protect against terrorists". Will the agencies you're
interested in encrypt? Who knows.

--
John Mayson
Austin, Texas, USA