Old May 1st 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Dick Dick is offline

Default Signal/One MILSPEC 1030 HF transceiver for sale

On 1 May 2007 05:24:55 GMT, (Michael Black)
wrote:

I don't even get how you can turn an Icom into a Signal One.

But obviously for collecting purposes, the Signal One is a standout.
I can't imagine that many being made, so that makes it collectible.
It was a great leap forward when it came out almost forty years ago.
Most rigs were still tube based, and the Signal One comes along all
solid state except for the PA, and featuring things that would take
some years for the competition to put into equipment. It was also
an American company, when the balance was shifting away from those
and to Japanese radio manufacturers.

Michael VE2BVW

I remember very clearly the night a new Signal One was brought to our
radio club at General Dynamics for a demo. It was simply amazing. I
can't imagine any other ham radio ever manufactured that created such
lust for ownership. Of course the price made it only a dream for most
of us,

Dick - W6CCD