Old May 2nd 07, 01:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] mcdonald606a@yahoo.com is offline

Default Cheap beginner radio

Agree,

the Degen DE1105 ( Very similar to the Degen DE11) is a good choice if
you want a double reduction Shirt Pocket Sized Shortwave radio . ..

Performance is comparable to the Sangean 606A.

This is an excellent small shortwave radio, perfect for outdoor
activities

( Hiking / Biking, trekking)

or just wandering around in the early A.M. getting a bit of excersize
and picking up the odd signal bouncing down from above . .

http://www.radiointel.com/review-degende1105.htm

On May 1, 5:06 am, Cato wrote:
O.K., here is how it is with me. I love pretty well all my radios. But
for a radio in the $100.00 range? O.K. lets go a bit over and a bit
under $100.00.
I like my Sony 7600, my Eton E5, my Kaito KA1102. These all have
SSB, and dual conversion.

I also like my Kaito KA1101, Eton E100 and Degen DE11. None of
these has SSB. But I still like them.
Of these three, only the KA1101 is dual conversion, and has wide/
narrow filters. The other two are only single conversion but are
really small, which I like for backpacking. There are times for me
when I simply need something smaller then my Sony 7600, Eton E5 or
Kaito KA1102. They are great radios, but when backpacking in the
wilderness, when size and weight are extremely important, they stay
home and one of the little ones, Eton E100, or Degen DE11 goes into my
backpack for the canoe and trail. (with either a little wire extension
antenna or one of the compact Degen active loops).
Cato