Old May 2nd 07, 01:39 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
james james is offline

Default Hey Antenna Gurus !

On Tue, 01 May 2007 21:43:01 -0400, Vinnie S.
wrote:

+++I want to screw around and build some homemade antennas.
+++
+++Will this single quad loop work throughout the band? Says it's 1.8 DB gain over
+++dipole. I was going to build a dipole, but looked rather boring.
+++
+++
+++http://signalengineering.com/ultimate/cubical_quad.html
+++
+++Expert opinions are welcomed. Thanks.
+++
+++Vinnie S.

***************

Vinnie

By band how much outside teh normal 40 channel band are you expecting
to operate?

I used a single loop on 6 meters and got about 600KHz bandwidth with
good results. A single loop is rather easy to build and rather cheap.
There are more pronounced nulls off the quad loop compared to a
dipole. Also th efeed impedance is about 100 Ohms so a simple quarter
wave section of 75 Ohm cable will be all that is needed to match the
antenna.

james