Old May 3rd 07, 11:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] r2000swler@hotmail.com is offline

Default Coax "Shielding Effectivness" (Transferr Impedance)

On Apr 26, 9:55 pm, willismat wrote:
On Apr 25, 10:07 am, wrote:

In spite of the fact that I am now using balanced RF feedlines, I am
still trying to understand
"coax" "leakage" modes as some also apply to balanced.

I think most of thenoisein coax systems comes from singals that
travel up the outside of
the coax and W1HIS's "Common Mode Chokes" are the best way to deal
with it.
http://www.yccc.org/Articles/W1HIS/
CommonModeChokesW1HIS2006Apr06.pdf

Terry

The website is declining to show the page.

I just checked http://www.andrew.com/search/docviewer.aspx?
docid=737
and it works.

Sorry I don't check this group every day anymore.
Too much QRM.

Terry