Old May 4th 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default Gaussian cluster antenna array data

On 3 May, 13:48, "Frank's"
wrote:
"art" wrote in message

oups.com...

The following is an example of a gaussian array except that
only element height has been subjected to variation and not all
dimensions
A gaussian array is aimed towards resonant elements in cluster form.

Freq Gain dbi F/B F/B ave Zr Zi Swr Toa
BW
14.15 14.6 25.9 25.2 27.1 -5.7 1.34 12
63
14.2 14.6 29 28.2 27.5 -1.9 1.25 11
63
14.25 14.6 30.6 30.6 27.8 1.9 1.24 11
63
14.3 14.6 28.2 28 28 5.7 1.31 11
63
14.35 14.6 25.2 28.2 28.2 9.6 1.73 11
63

Dimensions
Cartesian, inches. Elements 1.3 in dia tapered

X Y Z
273.3 164.1 820
25.1 203.3 1079
171.1 202.1 582
321.6 178.4 1036.5
2.1 206.5 701.2
153.5 194.5 1038.1

Gaussian arrays are based on adding a unit of time to
Gaussian law of statics which allows for trensformation from
a Conservative field to a Non Coservative field with
conformance to Maxwell laws. Elements are
in cluster form where each element is aimed at resonance
as is the array is in its entirety. Element positions are not
constrained with respect to position or shape.
See Pointings Vector for similarities
Art

NEC 4.1 Computes at 14.25 MHz:

Gain 6.3 dBi
F/B ratio 4.2 dB
TOA 11 deg.
Zin 107.9 + j 245.3

Code used as follows:

CM Gaussian Array
CE
GW 1 30 273.3 164.1 820 25.1 203.3 1079 0.65
GW 2 41 171.1 202.1 582 321.6 178.4 1036.5 0.65
GW 3 31 2.1 206.5 701.2 153.5 194.5 1038.1 0.65
GS 0 0 0.025400
GE 1 -1 0
GN 2 0 0 0 13.0000 0.0050
EX 0 2 21 0 1 0
FR 0 5 0 0 14.15 0.05
LD 5 0 0 0 3.08E7
RP 0 181 1 1000 -90 90 1 1
EN

Where the coordinates are in inches. Please verify that
I have interpreted the coordinates correctly. I have
assumed the driven element is "GW 2", and fed in the
center. I have also used non tapered 0.13" diameter
6063-T832 aluminum alloy. Segment tapering is
allowed, but these dimensions have not been
specified. Our results appear to be significantly different.

73,

Frank- Hide quoted text -

Frank,
Your comment about segment taper dimensions not being shown
I use tapered telescopic fibre glass fishing poles for elements(they
cannot fall apart only get tighter) and therefore segments do not come
into the equation. I adhere .002 inch aluminum foil to the exterior
for conduction and place glass fibre tape along the length if there is
a question of environment problems, tho ice easily slides down in the
absence of clamps. Also insert foam at ends to prevent occillation.
Note. It is sometimes convenient to insert solenoids wound on plastic
syringes within the elements to create a dual or multiband antenna
which would duplicate the IR antenna with respect to band coverage.
Aluminum has become so expensive and fishing poles so inexpensive that
if you are experimentaly minded the choice becomes obvious( see Ebay
for
poles) I also use scrap circuit boards as element to boom connections
since element weight is best kept down ( don't use my military rotor ,
prop pitch, anymore since antenna boom length and weight and torque
requirements is no longer a factor). It was wind sway on a 60 foot
boom that forced me to re think things tho I am not responsible for
all those windmills that have just been planted in Central Illinois
but they do emphasise my past predicaments.
Best regards
Art
factors are now a thing of the past.