Old May 4th 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Frank's Frank's is offline

Default Gaussian cluster antenna array data

Frank,
Your comment about segment taper dimensions not being shown
I use tapered telescopic fibre glass fishing poles for elements(they
cannot fall apart only get tighter) and therefore segments do not come
into the equation. I adhere .002 inch aluminum foil to the exterior
for conduction and place glass fibre tape along the length if there is
a question of environment problems, tho ice easily slides down in the
absence of clamps. Also insert foam at ends to prevent occillation.
Note. It is sometimes convenient to insert solenoids wound on plastic
syringes within the elements to create a dual or multiband antenna
which would duplicate the IR antenna with respect to band coverage.
Aluminum has become so expensive and fishing poles so inexpensive that
if you are experimentaly minded the choice becomes obvious( see Ebay
for
poles) I also use scrap circuit boards as element to boom connections
since element weight is best kept down ( don't use my military rotor ,
prop pitch, anymore since antenna boom length and weight and torque
requirements is no longer a factor). It was wind sway on a 60 foot
boom that forced me to re think things tho I am not responsible for
all those windmills that have just been planted in Central Illinois
but they do emphasise my past predicaments.
Best regards
Art
factors are now a thing of the past.

Code modifies as shown below:

CM Gaussian Array
CE
GW 1 30 273.3 164.1 820 25.1 203.3 1079 0.65
GW 2 41 171.1 202.1 582 321.6 178.4 1036.5 0.65
GW 3 31 2.1 206.5 701.2 153.5 194.5 1038.1 0.65
GS 0 0 0.025400
GE 1 -1 0
GN 2 0 0 0 13.0000 0.0050
EX 0 3 16 0 1 0
FR 0 5 0 0 14.15 0.05
LD 5 0 0 0 3.08E7
RP 0 1 361 1000 63 0 1 1
EN

Third element fed in the center.
NEC 4.1 Computes at 14.25 MHz:

Gain 5.4 dBi
F/B ratio 7.9 dB
TOA 27 deg.
Zin 66.8 - j 32.5

Max currents (1V peak applied to TAG 3):
TAG 1 0.0022 mA (peak)
TAG 2 0.0037 mA (peak)
TAG 3 0.0134 mA (peak).

Frank