Old May 4th 07, 01:02 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Vinnie S. Vinnie S. is offline

Default Hey Antenna Gurus !

By band how much outside teh normal 40 channel band are you expecting
to operate?

I used a single loop on 6 meters and got about 600KHz bandwidth with
good results. A single loop is rather easy to build and rather cheap.
There are more pronounced nulls off the quad loop compared to a
dipole. Also th efeed impedance is about 100 Ohms so a simple quarter
wave section of 75 Ohm cable will be all that is needed to match the
antenna.

james

Just 11 meters. I have a Hustler 5BTV for my ham rig. I just wanted to try it
because it looked cool. I am confused about the 75 ohm cable you mention.

Vinnie S.