Old May 4th 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Wes Stewart Wes Stewart is offline

Default BS7H

On Thu, 03 May 2007 17:52:50 -0700, Bob Nielsen
asked:

Didn't you have an EME antenna 20 years (or more) ago?

Yes. A modest one...four Cushcraft "Boomers". (3.2 lambda boom)

A domestic upheaval in 1983 put me QRT and I've never rebuilt. The
antenna pieces are still around and the 8877 amp is still taking up
space in my tiny hamshack. All I need is ambition.

I did some single antenna tropo and MS from this QTH, enough for VUCC,
but my heart was never into chasing that award and I never even
applied since when it was initiated, they said all my prior QSOs were
no good.

Two-meter stats:

DX:18 States:39 WAC:Yes VUCC:100 sumpthin'

Regards,

Wes