Old May 4th 07, 02:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
R. Scott R. Scott is offline

Default BS7H

I avoided mentioning the role of the DX operator in keeping things
orderly and productive. It is my observation that it takes a certain
signal

Agree a lot of it is the Op. I haven't been DX for 20 years But I still
remember being called a lot
of names because I ruled the pileups with an iron fist because if you didn't
it would get out of hand
quick. But if the rules were followed I could run them at a Fairly good
clip. My DX ops were 2 minor and
1 what I would consider major ... /EA7 80-82 in Rota .. would generate
small piles, KG4RS in Gitmo (1979) was my warm up for the biggie .. VQ9RS
(Sept-Dec 1980)... Man those piles were tremendous.

Scotty W7PSK.