Old May 5th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default Gaussian cluster antenna array data

On 4 May, 18:08, "Frank's"
wrote:
"Frank's" wrote in message

Frank, I could not find anything that would have caused a problem.
I intend now to up the segment a lot and then reload the program and
start again
which will take some time.
Art

Hold everything Art. It seems I did not understand how your
coordinates were set up. Thanks to somebody who pointed
out my error -- now back to the drawing board!!

Frank

Code modified as shown below:

CM Gaussian Array
CE
GW 1 31 273.3 164.1 820 273.3 -164.1 820 0.65
GW 2 41 25.1 203.3 1079 25.1 -203.3 1079 0.65
GW 3 31 171.1 202.1 582 171.1 -202.1 582 0.65
GW 4 30 321.6 178.4 1036.5 321.6 -178.4 1036.5 0.65
GW 5 41 2.1 206.5 701.2 2.1 -206.5 701.2 0.65
GW 6 31 153.5 194.5 1038.1 153.5 -194.5 1038.1 0.65
GS 0 0 0.025400
GE 1 -1 0
GN 2 0 0 0 13.0000 0.0050
EX 0 6 16 0 1 0
FR 0 5 0 0 14.15 0.05
LD 5 0 0 0 3.08E7
RP 0 1 361 1000 79 0 1 1
EN

Results at 14.25 MHz:

Gain = +14.6 dB
F/B ration = 31.5 dB
TOA = 11 degrees
Zin = 27.0 + j 0.25

These results appear to agree with your findings.
The structure could be fine tuned by including the insulation
and element tapering. Also I have not fully balanced the
segmentation. The only question I have is
how does this compare with a conventional 6 element
yagi at the same nominal height of 85 ft.

Frank

Frank,
I am very gratefull to both you and the other person who helped you
out.
To compare this particular model with say a yagi would be difficult. I
provided it as a sample only and in a simplistic form for review of
those you may be interested. What it does show is beam width that has
not been compressed by focussing as with the yagi as well as a
naturally high f/b even tho conventional reflectors are not used. What
is important to me is that it is back up proof of my concept in
addition to the mathematical aproach which has been rejected by all.
I see this as a major step forward in the design of antennas
especially for WiFi where even coverage
is desired Even with this bare model the beamwidth can be increased
enormously with just a slight modification, and the bandwidth can be
increased also over the Yagi.
There is no doubt that a fully developed gaussian array will provide
better results in many ways for real estate used, not that ships have
a requirement for an extra long yagi at HF. So again Frank thank you
so much for putting this thing to rest. It has been nearly 100 years
since the Yagi and a hard battle against those who followed the view
that all is known about antennas. Naturally I have not explored all
the variations of this new concept and I expect when industry gets a
hold of it more surprises will come to the fore since there are so
many universities joining the hunt for a better antennas for cell
phones because of the dropped call problems since this antenna allows
for more Gaussian channels because of its polarity purity. If you want
to write it up for any reason or show it to your club e.t.c
then be my guest tho I must tell you that a patent request has been in
the channels for quite a while. For myself I have no interest in
pursing it anymore since change is considered so unacceptable by many
that they resort to abuse. If you need any more info you can E mail me
any time at the address shown above and I will supply all I can. If
you look back a few weeks and months and even over a year you will see
many postings on the subject with a special reference to a gentleman
from M.I.T. a Doctor in fact who went to extraordinary lengths to
supply the mathematical proofs to this concept just a couple of weeks
ago and to whom I owe a lot of thanks since his apearance on the scene
was not exactly welcome by some of the couch masters..
So now thanks to you this subject can be seen as closed and insults
should now come to an end especially when written in a book which in
this group gives it overiding power. Now it will be interesting to see
what the amateur community can do with this new finding tho naturally
there will be a period where the average ham will enlarge on all the
negative things over any good things.
Best Regards
Art Unwin KB9MZ ............XG
Bloomington IL