Old May 5th 07, 07:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
swl-2010 swl-2010 is offline

Default The June Issue of Pop Com.

The cover is about Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton Ohio.
(Well, technically it's in Fairborn).

It says..

"WRIGHT PATTERSON AFB
CUTTING-EDGE AEROSPACE MONITORING".

I grew up in it's shadow, and have lived all my life as it's neighbor. I
have one of my scanners programmed with all of the frequencies I can find
for it. The most interesting ones are the security and maintenance calls.
I've heard all kinds of interesting com's.

When I still lived right in Dayton proper, in (East Dayton, which is right
very close), I used to see all the aircraft on approach and departure. When
they would have big storms down South, they would evac aircraft to WPAFB and
I would just sit on my deck and watch them fly in, it was great. I saw two
kinds Stealth aircraft at low altitudes, and that was great.

Back in the 80's, they flew in the 747 with the space shuttle hooked to the
top, I put the kids in the car and we drove there to see it. What a sight!
I'll never foregt it.

Over the years I've been online, I have had a lot of people ask me if I
knew if they really had the bodies of Aliens in the hanger 18 out there, and
a lot of wild stuff. It's pretty funny.

But, The Air Force Museum is the coolest place around.
You can go there, and no matter what your age, you feel like a kid.

At one time, WPAFB was the home of the SAC B-52 Flight Wing. they had
B-52's lined up as far as the eye could see.
I used to love driving by there.

Well, I don't know if this post is on topic or not, I took the chance
because it's on the cover of Pop Com.

But if you ever get the chance to go the Air Force Museum, go, it's worth
the trip.

Have a good weekend everyone.