Old May 5th 07, 08:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tehrasha Darkon Tehrasha Darkon is offline

Default Balun Construction :: Did I do this right?

On Sat, 05 May 2007 06:29:25 -0700, Danny Richardson wrote:

As you have a vector impedance meter have you measured the common mode
(blocking) impedance? From the description your balun is a voltage balun
that are notorious for having poor common mode impedances.

Danny, K6MHE

Yes, the balun is a 4:1 voltage type. I have not measured the common
mode inductance yet. But in this case, the application is for a Carolina
Windom which requires common mode current to make part of the feedline
act as a radiator.

The feedline will be choked with a 1:1 current balun at the proper
distance. That is next on the list to be built.

--Teh