Old May 5th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Danny Richardson Danny Richardson is offline

Default Balun Construction :: Did I do this right?

On Sat, 5 May 2007 19:13:18 +0000 (UTC), Tehrasha Darkon
wrote:

Yes, the balun is a 4:1 voltage type. I have not measured the common
mode inductance yet. But in this case, the application is for a Carolina
Windom which requires common mode current to make part of the feedline
act as a radiator.

The feedline will be choked with a 1:1 current balun at the proper
distance. That is next on the list to be built.

--Teh

Okay, then in that case be sure to check the common mode impedance on
your current balun. Many are less than 1K and, for good operation
you'll need more than that. The higher the better.

Danny, K6MHE