Old May 5th 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
Eric Eric is offline

Default NEAR-Fest, where do the profits go?

Just got back from NEAR-Fest in Deerfield, NH, and while I have to say it
ain't no Hosstraders (yet), still it was a very welcome event and I
enjoyed it, and it has the potential to grow in the full Hosstraders
tradition.

Speaking of the "Hosstraders tradition", I was just wondering if anyone
knows where the profits from this event are going.

Hosstraders was always held to benefit the Shriners Burn Center (or the
Shriners organization in general, I don't recall which), and from all
reports resulted in a large check to that organization twice a year. I'm
sure they will miss it.

Anyone know which charity (if any) will benefit from NEAR-Fest?