Old May 6th 07, 05:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Cato Cato is offline

Default Canada hahaha!

On May 5, 8:42 pm, wrote:
On 5 May 2007 19:43:10 -0700, Cato wrote:

Beerbar wrote:
So, have you been there to verify that
they were actually there or did
you believe some bull posted on Wikipedia posted by some chicken
Canuck?

Cato replys: By this time tomorrow I will be unsubscribed from
this group. I don't have to put up with insults to my fellow Canadians
or my country from f''n assholes.

Cato

Then what you need to do is stop the Canadians in this group from
attacking the US. It's a two way street Cato.

You can hardly hold me to blame for what others do. What do
you expect me to do? I'm not a cop. A two way street? Sure o.k. So
then any Americans and Canadians throwing insults back and forth
should grow the hell up.
Our two countries are supposed to be friends. Sure, O.K., I
know that our governments can really screw things up, and make
decisions that people in either country can hate.
But the rest of us, the ordinary citizens should be above that
stupid political crap.
O.K., you were critical of our small number of troups in
Afghanistan. But hell, we are a much smaller country, population
wise, and our brainless government undercut and weakened our military
for more then thirty years. But our guys, I feel confident in saying,
are man for man, as good fighters as any other on this rock in space
and make the best use of their equipment that they have, even if some
of it is out-of date.
To hear us described as cowards, makes me feel sick. I have some
close ties with the guys over there, and my own son might be going.
They are in combat with Taliban and Al Queda insugents.

Would you want me to insult, and toss names about your guys over
there in Iraq?? Call them cowards? Insult your country?? I could do
it you know. I see guys in Usenet groups insulting Americans and
America every day. And that makes me sick too, because I have always
felt strong ties to the U.S. My mothers family originally was from New
England. My cousin's kids live in Pennsylvania, and are in the U.S.
military.
But I don't. Because your guys over there are somebody's husband,
brother, sister, mother, boyfriend, girlfriend. And some of them make
the supreme sacrifice over there and never see their loved ones again.
Just like our guys. I would never insult your troops. And I don't
expect anyone to insult our troops either.
My oldest son, David, will probably be going over there. In
combat. In the infantry. He is following a long family tradition.
If I ever hear anybody, insulting not just our Canadian guys, but
also American guys, British, or whoever is on our side and helping
out, I take it personally. As if it is an insult to me and my family.
I come damn close to exploding.

I am just sick of the crap. And if it is just meant as a joke,
then call me thinskinned. "cause if bothers me to hear us taking turns
name calling and insulting each other.
I don't hold all American citizens to blame for the stupid
remarks of a few bad apples down in the States. Like I said, we have
some idiots up here in Canada too. In another Usenet group I am with,
there are some asshole Canadians insulting Americans and the U.S.
Cato