Old May 6th 07, 05:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair
DaveM DaveM is offline

Default MFJ-259B coils

"Dave" wrote in message
. ..
What coils?

My MFJ-259B has all the guts inside!!!

DaveM wrote:

Anybody happen to have the details of the dipper coils for the MFJ-259B
Antenna Analyzer? Mine have become lost in a garage/workshop cleanout that
went awry.

Need number of turns, coil diameter, coil length if possible. Think I can
remember the rest of the details well enough to rebuild them.

Thanks for your help

Yep!!! My MFJ-259B has lots of guts too.
The dipper coils are used to make the Analyzer operate like a grid dip meter.
Extremely useful for tuning traps, tanks, etc. They are an accessory to the
Analyzer; I think the part number for them is MFJ-66.
There are two coils in the set, one for 1.8 MHz to 50 MHz, the other covers 20
MHz to 170 MHz.

Cheers!
--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer to the end, the faster it goes.