Old May 6th 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default MFJ-259B coils

DaveM wrote:

Yep!!! My MFJ-259B has lots of guts too.
The dipper coils are used to make the Analyzer operate like a grid dip meter.
Extremely useful for tuning traps, tanks, etc. They are an accessory to the
Analyzer; I think the part number for them is MFJ-66.
There are two coils in the set, one for 1.8 MHz to 50 MHz, the other covers 20
MHz to 170 MHz.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, but someone pointed me to a German
version of the Manual that a ham wrote for it. I have forgotten the URL. :-(

It includes instructions that even a non German reader can understand
for making a set of coils that far outperform the MFJ ones. They
can be made for a few dollars assuming you have a source for small
white PVC pipe, BNC connectors and enameled magnet wire, none of which
I can get locally. :-(

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Visit my 'blog at
http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/